Thursday, October 04, 2007

So Good

Oh Ya'll. I just love me some Paula Deen. I know Nancy, Erin and Autumn can attest to that. I make her recipes often and we tried this last night and it was DELICIOUS. Just thought I would pass it on. SO EASY! And yummy!

Shrimp and Wild Rice Casserole
Recipe courtesy Paula Deen
Show: Paula's Home Cooking
Episode: Comfort Food

1 (8-ounce) package wild rice
1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
1 (10 3/4-ounce can) condensed cream of mushroom soup
2 cups grated sharp Cheddar
Salt and pepper
Cook the rice according to package directions minus 1/4 cup water. Drain and cool.

Bring 2 cups water and 1/2 tablespoon salt to a boil in a medium saucepan and cook the shrimp for 1 minute. Drain immediately and set aside.

Heat the butter in saucepan and saute the pepper and onion until soft, about 5 minutes.

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

In a large bowl, combine the rice, soup, 1 1/2 cups of cheese, shrimp and vegetables. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Mix well. Spray a 9-inch square aluminum cake pan or an 11 by 7-inch glass casserole dish with vegetable spray. Place the mixture in the pan and top with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake for 30 minutes, until bubbly.

*I did not put in the green pepper or onion. I actually used the butter and put some minced onion in it. B hates onions. It had SUCH great flavor. We decided we might try it with chicken some time or you can omit the shrimp and just use it at a side.

2 comments:

AMENMom said...

Okay, I am SO jealous! I bet it was to die for good. You should call Paula up and tell her you tried it. I'm sure she would remember us--the crazy girls who screamed at her from the back of Sam's Club!

Nancy
amenmom.blogspot.com

Carrie said...

I have her cookbooks and they are wonderful. We let cable go b/c Dave Ramsey talked me into it. SO now I don't have the food network. SO sad.