You all are going to straight up giggle at the end of this post. It is going to be the most random hodge podge of information you have read today. But nevertheless, my sweet child yelled and sang at the top of her lungs until about 20 minutes ago so now I am promised a few precious hours of silence to which I can update you on our lives....
La Madeleine's Creamy Pesto Chicken
MAKES: 4 Servings
1 pkg chicken tenders
2 whole mushrooms
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp butter (s)
1/2 cup heavy cream (s)
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (s)
1/4 tsp salt (s)
1/4 tsp black pepper (s)
2 pkt pesto sauce mix (s)
Pesto Cream Sauce:
[note: all ingredients marked with an (s) are for this sauce]
1. Mix pesto packets according to instructions.
2. Melt butter in sauce pan over medium high heat. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. When bubbles are at max height, sprinkle in Parmesan cheese to knock down bubbles. Reduce heat to to med-low and cook, stirring constantly.
3. Continue to stir, scraping the bottom and sides as cheese melts and sauce thickens to desired consistency. Add salt, pepper, and then gradually stir in pesto mix until thoroughly blended.
1. Chop tenders into bite-sized pieces and slightly brown in skillet with olive oil. Slice mushrooms and sun-dried tomatoes and add to skillet. Add additional olive oil to keep moist, if necessary.
2. Stir in pesto cream sauce mixture. Thoroughly mix until all ingredients are hot and ready to eat. Serve over bow-tie pasta.