Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Advice...

I just posted this on the kiddos blog but I know I have different people that read each blog so I want the largest reading population possible so I can get the most advice possible!

I would love, love, LOVE any and all advice pertaining to the following...
So I leave in 1 month for 4 days with my precious best college girlfriends.  I literally am beside myself with excitement.  However I have a few items that MUST be taken care of before I can fly away completely without care.  And thus the needed advice.
1.  How do you get a 7 month old to take a bottle?  He literally just plays with it.  He chews and maybe sucks once or twice.  I usually can get him to take 1/2 an ounce.  BIG, big deal.  I need him to be able to eat while I am gone.
2.  How do you get the forementioned 7 month old to sleep through the night?  I am pumping enough milk to have a night feed but would SO love it to be eliminated before I go.  I know he does not need the calories.  He will not take a paci so there is not a little way I can soothe him.  He has had 6 ear infections since he was 3 months old so I have been told by my pedi not to let him cry it out.  I put him down awake for naps and most bedtimes.  We have a consistent bedtime rountine.  He knows how to put himself to sleep.  He takes 2, 1.5-2 hour naps.  He goes down about 6:30-7 pm and usually wakes anywhere from 10:30-12.  If he wakes on the early end, he usually wakes again around 4-5am.  The first waking is usually a 5 alarm cry.  The second I can usually leave him.  I have no idea how to help him nor do I know what is waking him.  Would love any help!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I hope you get good advice! I'm curious myself. We can't really do CIO with Hudson either b/c of the eczema.

Katie said...

I have NO advice and I'm so sorry, but I just have to laugh about this. Nathan will be sevenTEEN months old this week and doesn't sleep through the night. He's also not weaned. I'm still waiting for my night away. I do wish you luck though! Hope you're not offended by my chuckling. :)