Thursday, January 22, 2009

BEEE-U-TIFUL Day...

I seriously think I go into seasonal depression.  I hate winter and cold weather.  I just HATE being cold.  I have felt colder this winter than ever.  I feel like even my bones are cold.  Perhaps it is because I am trying to avoid my electric blanket, long, hot baths and my car seat heater due to pregnancy (all of which are luxuries that seems to make winter less painful for me).  We have been trapped inside due to this weeny Momma hating to go out in the cold, even bundled up. Today is such a sweet blessing in the midst of freezing cold temperatures.  It is a beautiful 68 degrees here and Abby Kate and I have spent much time outside already!  My windows are open and I am savoring the outside air coursing through my house!
So I was thinking today, what are ways you make winter less painful?  Here are a few things that have made my life a little easier (and sweeter :)) and I would L-O-V-E to hear yours!
*The Cocoa-Latte (a machine that mixes your hot chocolate for you and then keeps it at the perfect temperature for hours by remixing and heating to perfection!)
*I mentioned this back in a previous favorite things post but I love the Simply Shabby Chic Cozy blanket, pair it with the Makeover Mattress Pad I bought from JcPenneys with some of my Christmas money (it has about a 2-3 in. down alternative pad on top!) and a yummy pair of flannel sheets!
*Chips (my favorite snack!)
*Movies
* Magazines (my favs are Country Home, Country Living, Cottage Living, Southern Living, People and US Weekly)
*Books
And as for activities with Abby Kate, which these are what I would REALLY love to hear from you!
*Play-Do
*Playing with bubbles in the bathroom sink (for HOURS!)
*Cooking
*Playing tea party (for HOURS!)
*Reading
*Playing in playroom/bedroom
*Dressing up
Thanks friends!  Hope it is beautiful where you are today!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh Steph, I am with you sister. Today is such a breath of fresh air! I wish it could stick around a little longer. I do miss the heating pad an awful lot too.

Chassidy said...

I love your suggestions...boy do they make this cold weather a little less miserable! Hope you're having a great week!