Sunday, March 18, 2007

Funny Stories...Installment One

So, with a past history of such deep posts, I fear I am not expressing all sides of my personality on this blog. I guess when I write, it generally brings out feelings worth exploring but I have quite a history of funny things happening in my life. I tried to dig out stories that many of you haven't heard and will begin with this one...
THE FACE PLANT
So I was on staff with K-Life and every Sunday night, we would have a leaders meeting at the guys gross, old house. The wood floors no longer had a finish, the vents were often askew (these details will make sense in a minute), and ultimately, no matter how hard KJ and I tried to clean this house for them, it always was filthy. We have finished the meeting a few leaders were hanging around. We were all sitting around and one of the staff guys that I could create an entire blog of ridiculous stories around begin taunting me and up I hopped, chasing him (hoping to look a bit athletic) and as I rounded the corner with everyone watching, my toe caught one of the aforementioned raised vents. Before I knew what was happening, I was flying through the air in what seemed like slow motion. Before I could catch myself, my cheek slammed into the wall with my legs trailing some 4 miles behind. So slowly my hips slid to the ground until I was laying flat on my stomach. The room was silent for an entire minute and I hopped up laughing, hoping to diffuse my awkwardness. Everyone erupted but inside, I was screaming in pain, wondering, "was my cheekbone cracked?" but most importantly, "was the elusive, handsome college athlete leader watching?" That he was...and he was laughing a bit too hysterically. Thankfully he thought my klutzy actions were endearing because he married me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun story! This is "classic Stephanie" -- I miss your stories, my friend!

Erin

Sarah said...

Oh that is precious, Steph!