Monday, October 23, 2006

Why?

Okay...a few background things before we begin....
My Blog is named after a line in a the Caedmon's Call song Manners and Means....this is an incredible song about the constant need for revival and redemption in our relationships and families and for fresh vision in our work and calling. Something in us knows that we have been made to do all things with great courage, purpose and heart. This song laments the ways we fall short and reflects the longing to keep the fire burning and to do all things well. Here are the lyrics...

The heart is a lonely thing to lose in the dead of night
The heart is a sad thing to lose in the throws of a fight
The heart is the match to the fire
And the embers of desire, to keep it burning
I am a shell of the manner and the means
Mine is a story of nothing as it seems
But when we have come this far
And still don't know who we are, does it keep burning?
When it's over, and you see it with your eyes
Would you rather have the truth or a lie?
I call for angels to breathe holy on this rust
I call the snakes to come and slowly from the brush
I need a massive overhaul
A revival to fall, to keep it burning
The heart is a costly thing to sell in the prime of the years
And my heart is thinly veiled in the usual fears
The heart is the dream, and the kiss
That there could be more than this, to keep it burning.

My prayer is that this blog can be a place to be transparent....in a time of constant movement and activity, it is rare to be able to share the daily struggles, lessons and growth we are experiencing in our lives with those we love. I hope to do just that. Though my first calling is to my family and I will not forsake my responsibilties to them to post but I will try to post often. Most of you know how much I love words so this will be an outlet for me as well. Thanks for joining me on this journey...

1 comment:

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Love that song. Caedmon's call was in concert at our church recently...but I couldn't go... :(

Great theme for your blog.