Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Fall into Reading

Sorry for the delayed post. It was a crummy time to start a blog. I woke up Wednesday morning feeling a little nauseous and 2 hours later, began throwing up (and the other) every 5 minutes for 2 days. My temerature hovered between 100 and 102 degrees ON TYLENOL and I really thought I must be dying. My sweet brother came over after a 15 hour shift (he is a 4th year med student) with IV fluids and hope. However, due to my dehydrated veins, it took he and my RN mother 4 (yes 4 and I am tough) times to get that IV needle into my vein. My body drank the fluids at a dizzying rate and the liter was gone in an hour. I felt considerably better but have not been 100% until today....
Now on to more pleasent things, Katrina at Callapidder Days http://callapidderdays.blogspot.com/2006/09/fall-into-reading-challenge-join-me.html came up with such a fun idea to do a reading challenge. I am beginning late so my list is not as ambitous as others. Now those of you that know me well, know I am a BOOK WORM to the core and this challenge excited me to no end...so here is my list.
Me
1. Sin Eater, Francine Rivers (re-read)
2. Calm My Anxious Heart, Linda Dillow
3. An Excellent Wife, Martha Peace
4. Ragamuffin Gospel, Brennan Manning
5. Little Earthquakes, Jennifer Weiner )
6. Plain Truth, Jodi Picoult
7. We Are All Welcome Here, Elizabeth Berg (numbers 5-7 recommended by my dear friend Heather)

To Read with Abby Kate
1. My Aunt Came Back, by Pat Cummings
2. Big Dog and Little Dog Wearing Sweaters, by Dav Pilkey
3. Spot Goes to the Farm, by Eric Hill
4. Hide-and-Seek Elmer, by David McKee
5. Shoes Shoes Shoes, by Ann Morris

2 comments:

Katie said...

Sorry you've been sick, but so glad you are feeling better.

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

Thanks for joining the reading challenge! Your list looks great. I went through Calm My Anxious Heart with some friends a couple years ago and it really helped me with my "issue" with worry.

Enjoy your books!