Wednesday, January 06, 2010

A New Year...

I have been meaning to post for so long!  I feel like I have been on a unintentional blog break.  So I am trying to get back in the game.  I have so loved reading others New Years posts and am going to both copy and throw out a few of my own thoughts.  So first for the copying, I have loved reading recaps of everyone's year.  God says, "Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children and to their children after them."  Deut. 4:9  This verse consistenly challenges me and in this instance, it continues to do so.  I want to remember what God has done daily in my life.  Remember His goodness.  And oh what a year!


We were able and blessed to travel, seeing Disney World through our 3 year olds eyes, a fun birthday trip to Las Vegas, have a relaxing 4th of July vacation (and pre-baby last hurrah!) at the Lake and ended the year in Dallas for the Cotton Bowl.  Each trip was such a blessing and was refreshing and renewing.


In February, Bobby turned 30th and I had a ball trying to think of a way to show him how special he is is in a way that would honor HIM.  I ended up compling letters from everyone he loved in a hardback book.  It truly was so special to him and after reading all those letters, I was reminded of how truly blessed I am to call him mine!


Of course, our biggest blessing of the year arrived July 28th in a 8 lb 10 oz package.  Bo has blessed us more than I can put in words.  Having pleaded with God for him and now have him in our lives each day, it is a consistent reminder of how great is His faithfulness!


We celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary in August.  Many say the 7th year is the hardest.  We attending a marriage conference in November which deeply encouraged and inspired us.  We learned new things and were reminded of many things we do not put into daily practice.  We walked away changed.


We began hosting a community group in our home in September.  We adore our leaders and have fallen in love with each couple that God has brought to us.  It was such a great reminder to Bobby and I that God has made us to share our lives with others.  


We fell more in love with our church this year (if that is possible) and learned so much through so many precious, God-inspired messages.  One thing I always pray for my pastors is that God would remove them and use their mouth, that I would hear Him alone.  This year, I feel so confident this happened.  One series in particular, Jesus Hates Religion, rocked our worlds.  It knocked us out of our legalism and reminded us of the true heart of Jesus.  Seriously, ROCKED our worlds.


So those were the high points.  But I love that God is in the mundane days too.  We have been so blessed.  We delight in our children, adore one another and pray daily that we can know God as He knows Himself to be....


As for my heart and prayers for 2010...
*That I would be fully present with my children.  I do not want scattered thoughts or silly tasks to call me away.  I want to be fully, completely with them as we play, learn and grow together.
*That I would become refocused and self controlled.  I know this is the work of the Holy Spirit and I pray that I would bear this fruit.  I have been so undisciplined, forgetful, scattered and unorganized since having babies.  I lose 20 things a day and often forget important things.  I so desire for my heart and mind to be clearly focused and intentional.  


I pray for us all that God would grow us, reveal Himself and show Himself strong in 2010!

No comments: